Monday 31 December 2012

Farewell 2012

Holidailies 2012
With the Queen's Jubilee and the Olympics 2012 was a year I knew would be good but I did not know just how much I would also go splat and learn so much. The weather let me down a bit as I had been promising for some years our strange weather pattern was saving itself for the glorious summer of 2012. Despite the rain, it was still a glorious summer as a result of the collective glory from the Olympics. And when I say Olympics I automatically include the Paralympics, both of which I have been addicted to watching for over a decade now.

The splat parts of the year have been extra splatty though at the time the lessons were not wasted on me. I've come out more bolshy and stronger, feeling like I know a bit better who I am and what I am prepared to accept which surely has to be a good thing.

This is the year the answerphones were switched off. After all, if they are not being attended to for some strange reason then just switch them off until such time they are worth having in place. There is not much point in people thinking they are being ignored when they are not, it is just that I am not coping.

There are other things in my life that need switching off and I will get to those in due course. This year it is plain as plain can be that life is to be lived in the here and now. Sure there is still hard work and plans laid down but not at the exclusion of enjoying the journey with loved ones.

As much as I knew that 2012 would be quite a year, I have a strong feeling that 2013, my 50th birthday year, will be even more of a year. The year when we wipe our slate clean of all debts and my shoulders are relieved of the worry. When ironically the debts go that I earn more that could even enable us to travel and go places together. There is so much more good that I can not even contemplate, I just know it in my bones.

This is the last day of the Holidailies 2012 project so I shall be posting a whole lot less, though still posting. I can't believe I managed to complete the one a day posting schedule! When I look over some of the writings of fellow bloggers on this project I can not help notice how much the project has reminded people of the joy of blogging or journaling. Blogs that have been unattended have been stirred up; bloggers that have been elsewhere on other formats have returned albeit for the duration. I have only recently returned to blogging myself so this worked out well. A little less often and more quality suits me better as there is nothing like the reflection and expression one gets from journaling publicly even though I am incognito.

Here is to 2013. A year of more changes. May it be gentle and kind as we learn the next lessons in our lives.

1 comment:

Anji said...

Happy New year Doris. I can say that life really gets going at 50 from my own experience.

Despite the 13, I have a good feeling about this year.