Wednesday 24 August 2005

Mouse Dust?

Does "Mouse Dust" sound appealing? As a colour scheme? For your kitchen worktops? I just don't understand what was in the designer's mind when they designated that colour. It is actually not a bad colour and is about the cheapest worktop you can buy - which is sort of what I wanted for our new science/experimenting lab area in the rear of the kitchen. This is what mouse dust looks like:


Last year we put in one unit and worktop in this part of the kitchen which is our breakfast room. We are developing a sort of diner style and even had a pinball machine in there but as it has needed too much maintenance and basically didn't work anymore we have sold it and I'm putting in the new "lab area" instead. Anyway, the worktop (steel style and looked quite good) on the existing unit is no longer sold - and we only put it in last year! Drats, drats and double drats. Which made me less amenable to this mouse droppings worktop but c'est la vie.



Original Comments:

Pookie65 said...
This reminds me of the names given to paint swatches in color books. I'd love to be the one who "names" the patterns & designs. Here are a few paint swatches that come to mind:

Doris Morning - a warm, sunny yellow

Pookie Sorbet - brown with a hint of plum

Teddy Bear - soft tan with a warm undertone

Fresh Lawn - bright green with a smidgeon of sage

Autumn - Reddish burnt orange

Spring - blue with just enough green to look like the sea

Winter - wintery white

Love - deep red
Wednesday, August 24, 2005 6:55:00 PM
doris said...
I love the sound of Doris Morning! That would be me :-) Is there really a Pookie Sorebt - is that why you chose your blog name? I just did a google for Pookie and found an interesting site of Pookie's erotic fiction but somehow I don't think it is your cup of tea!!! ;-)
Wednesday, August 24, 2005 7:42:00 PM
Mama Mouse said...
Mouse Dust? ..... UGH! I am having mouse problems of my own ... one little errant mousey is going to bite the dust SOON I hope! I HATE finding HIS 'mouse dust' all over! Gives me the creeps and sends me on far too many cleaning binges lately!

Now something nice like 'soft mouse fur' would be nice as I DO have very SOFT fur!!
Thursday, August 25, 2005 12:26:00 AM
jane said...
you're putting a science/experimenting lab INSIDE your house? i hope you aren't going to us chemicals.
mice don't leave dust! they leave mouse droppings. fairy dust would've been a cute name. but i think it would have had to have some pink in it. maybe fly dust? no, that doesn't make any sense either.
mouse dust...hmmmm....odd name
Thursday, August 25, 2005 12:37:00 AM
doris said...
Oh yes, definitely going to use chemicals! LOL Gotta have a bit of danger and I don't mind if the worktop gets burned away with acid - as long as it is all pretty contained to that part of the house :-)

Hubby has a chemistry degree but better than that, he grew up experimenting with chemicals: in his bedroom! I don't think he should have all the fun :-)

Mrs Mouse! We had a mouse, or rather two, the other day. We caught them in those humane mouse traps and let them go in the park. They were the tiniest and sweetest looking mice I have ever seen!
Thursday, August 25, 2005 6:58:00 AM
DaFFy said...
It's all a wicked conspiracy to make you spend more money - nasty colour designers
Thursday, August 25, 2005 1:32:00 PM
MattyD said...
Hahahaha!

That's superb! Those designers must be so random! :) Which company was offering the "mouse dust"?

I'd better send my CV to them, because I can come up with far more whack things!! ;)
Thursday, August 25, 2005 8:15:00 PM
/T/ said...
I love experimenting. When I grew up I did quite a bit of chemical experimenting in my bedroom. There was a drugstore that sold every chemical you could wish for without checking my age. I financed it with my home made smoke bombs that I sold at school. And come to think of it.. after you burned those smoke bombs the left overs looked surprisingly a lot like mouse dust :)
Friday, August 26, 2005 3:25:00 AM
tim said...
i love the color. as for the pinball machine in the kitchen it sounds cool. You must have an interesting home.
Friday, August 26, 2005 4:14:00 AM
Hannah said...
I'm rather a fan of names of the paints in the National Trust range - Dead Salmon is my favourite.
Friday, August 26, 2005 10:24:00 AM
doris said...
Dead Salmon!!!! OMG!

Tim - some people think we have an interesting house with some kids thinking we even have a drinks machine in our bathroom!
Friday, August 26, 2005 2:19:00 PM
brewsmith said...
Guess it could be worse.. . mouse dropping gray or something. ..
Friday, August 26, 2005 8:09:00 PM
zandperl said...
I'm definitely a geek, because my first thought upon reading "mouse dust" was not the squeaky animals shedding fur, but the crud that gets stuck inside the tracks of your computer mouse ball.

BTW, I've finally got my London trip photos up!
Saturday, August 27, 2005 5:38:00 AM
decrepitoldfool said...
That is precisely the pattern of the linoleum I used for the top of my computer table. Whenever it needs cleaning, I just accidentally spill some coffee on it and then wipe it off with a cloth.
Tuesday, August 30, 2005 2:04:00 AM

No comments: