Friday 5 August 2005

Big Brother Final

It is about time I posted about one of the TV shows I love! UK's Big Brother 6 ends next week and I don't have a specific favourite so I won't be voting. I rarely vote so that is not unusual - but I always make use of my votes for local and national elections! Apparently more people vote in Big Brother than for political elections. A sad state of affairs.

Before BB started six years ago I was horrified by the concept and pooh-poohed it. The thought of watching people living in a house, watching their every move or private moment seemed voyeuristic and odd. Nevertheless, in the spirit of sociological and anthropological interest I tuned in on the first episode of the first series and have been hooked since.

This series started off with quite a buzz and has on the whole been interesting with various twists and turns. But there have been times I have just switched off the TV. All that nauseating whinging and whining and back-stabbing. I don't like it when all they concentrate on is bitching. It just seems like a pointless waste of time.

There is so much to be learned from watching all this human behaviour. About tolerance, why things go wrong, how things could be handled better and occasionally it is just plain funny. I've considered if ever I would take part and I just know how I'd be.... I'd have different phases including tears, near suicide and rampant sex to get the human contact! No, there is no financial inducement could get me there.

As for who to win, I'd like either Eugene or Makosi.


Original Comments:

Ghone said...

You scratch my back...
;o)

Friday, August 05, 2005 10:22:00 PM

intoxik8 said...

I loved the first series but got bored by the 2nd so stopped watching it. This year was just too crazy at the start not to watch though with all of those massively different personalities.

I did give up watching when Science left though because as you said it was just constant backstabbing and bitching which can get really frustrating to watch.

As for the winner, unfortunately I think it's been Anthony all the way.

Friday, August 05, 2005 10:34:00 PM

doris said...

:-)

Glad I am not the only who reckons that it has been a bit much. I admired the way Anthony has dealt kindly with Craig's attentions but other than that - groan. Noooo!

I just found a BBC quiz about all the series - I got a respectable 8 out of 10 :-)

Friday, August 05, 2005 11:58:00 PM

Milt Bogs said...

Big Brother Mrs Robinson?

Saturday, August 06, 2005 1:08:00 AM

Mama Mouse said...

Next thing you'll want to go on a deserted island with a bunch of other people and live with mosquitos and sand crabs and eat coconuts for 30 days or so!! I bet we could even find a show for you that would fit the bill!

We have been hooked on all the reality shows since Survivor first started. Have watched all of them, all of the Big Brothers and all the Amazing Races!

Its fun ... entertainment ... and some of the guys are REALLY great to look at! Ok so are the women too! But since I'm a girl I prefer the males. LOL

Saturday, August 06, 2005 1:28:00 AM

Cheryl said...

Oh No
That Makosi is such a flaming princess I couldnt bear it if madame-up-herself won - not unless the prize was six months mucking out pigs.

Eugene or Kinga - the only ones still in there that havent treated other people like pond scum.

Hehehehe I SO wasnt going to watch this year..... its almost like a shameful addiction.

Saturday, August 06, 2005 3:07:00 PM

John said...

On a side-note, BBC2 recently had a sort of Big Brother show, but it was set in a monastery. Hee hee. It was very good and really exposed the insecurities of the 5 or 6 men who spent 40 days and 40 nights there. In the end, it was probably the best show I've seen all year. At least the "victims" were all intelligent, unlike the assorted airheads of BB.

Saturday, August 06, 2005 3:49:00 PM

Z said...

Never been a fan of BB.
It's the shame of the nation all this reality TV. ;)

Saturday, August 06, 2005 6:18:00 PM

Pookie65 said...

Oh Doris, yet another reason I like you! I am hooked on the US version of Big Brother. I'd give anything if the BBC cable chanel here would play the UK version.

There is just something about BB over all the other reality shows that draws me in. I'd love to be on Big Brother. It would be so much fun after it was all over to watch the re-runs (that my T has recorded) and see what all of the other houseguests really thought about me.

I doubt I'd win (or even make it past week 2 without being evicted) but I'd make darn sure it was interesting while I was in there.

Sunday, August 07, 2005 12:47:00 PM

No comments: