Tuesday 23 May 2006

Apologies or Karma?

Some people haven't yet turned up this afternoon for a very important meeting. No precise time was finalised which was fine but I had been stressed out by the whole event. Just one of those things and nothing more to be said on the content of the meeting.

The question is, will I seek an apology for messing up my day or will I look at it as karma for some misdeed? In particular I am thinking of a blatant lie I gave on the phone yesterday to cover my tracks for a payment I had not made but should have. It is not good when one has a guilty conscience.

I have a hundred or so lines to write:

I will not have a guilty conscience. x100
I do not give out excuses.x100
I do not procrastinate.x100
I do my best. x100
I do good work for good money.x100
I am kind to me. x100
Pragmatism rools OK.


Original Comments:

jane said...

Gosh, I don't know if Karma boomerangs that fast. I think the people who didn't show up (and must not have called) owe you an apology. I'm assuming they're adults & have a certain amount of responsibilty. Now, get busy writing those sentences!!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 5:07:00 PM

doris said...

I've just emailed them with a copy of their acknowledgement of toay's meeting. I was very nice and put the ball in their court. Really!

:-) Jane!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 5:30:00 PM

Ally said...

I think that this might be a case of actually being able to have your cake and eat it :). Just because it might be a karmic come-back for you, doesn't mean that it's not poor behaviour on their part. They jolly well owe you an apology.

I've had karmic boomerangs come back quite quickly ... it's nice in a way, to know that you've mostly got it over with :).

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 5:57:00 PM

doris said...

I just had an apologetic phone call as a result of my email. Apparently someone was supposed to have phoned me to cancel as they were so behind schedule. They want to re-arrange for another day but don't know when yet. So.... yaaay I've had my karmic boomerang and can put it out of my mind now. I hope you are right Ally!


PS. word verification: wotnaewi (say it with a Socttish accent!)

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 6:02:00 PM

Cheryl said...

I would say this is a credit in the karmic bank balance, that your disquiet today will be repaid by them being extra extra nice when they reschedule!

:-)

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 6:13:00 PM

Britmum said...

You go Girlfriends!!! I am afraid that this just seems to be the way of the world. It just seems there is no importance to some people to keep scheduled appointments.

Sending good Karma your way via a Dust Storm from the Desert.

Take care

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:10:00 PM

Jo said...

You did the right thing being nice. Moral high ground and that...

Can be frustrating though. A couple of weeks ago I drove 60 miles to a meeting that had been cancelled but they'd 'forgotten' to tell me. I was 'nice' about it ;-)

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:51:00 PM

She Weevil said...

I am kind to me. x100

This one needs to be moved to the top of the list

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:24:00 AM

No comments: