Thursday 11 May 2006

Some days

Some days like today, I feel a sense of peace, achievement and contentment. I've worked hard, done allsorts and taken care of a wide range of things. And yet, just the last few days I've felt a deep depression. One day a great dark hole swallowing me up and then sweetness and light. When the depression strikes it is hard to fight against. Just brings silent tears and either an inertia or a feeling of going round in circles. When the sun shines it picks everything up and suddenly lots of things click into place. But it isn't just the weather - it is the kids co-operating, being polite or considerate; it is me getting on with work and getting great feedback; again it is me getting on and doing stuff around the house that makes a difference. I smile and it makes a difference.




Original Comments:

Stegbeetle said...

Sometimes the simplest things have a profound effect upon us. I'm pleased to hear you've had a "good" day and are having fun with font colours and sizes! I see Rainbows!

Thursday, May 11, 2006 8:22:00 PM

Cheryl said...

I wanted to say something else but the word verification is going bonkers. I am taking it as a sign.
Glad you have pulled yourself out of it - depression, especially irrational 'no real reason' depression, is the pits.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:44:00 PM

jane said...

What a refreshing post to read.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 11:02:00 PM

Britmum said...

Doris I know exactly how you feel. Some days are just unexplainable and have no apparent reasoning behind them.

Glad today was better.

I love the colours on your post too.

Take care

Catherine xx

Friday, May 12, 2006 1:59:00 AM

Karen said...

Thank you Doris - you've made me smile :-)

Friday, May 12, 2006 6:01:00 PM

Curly K said...

Beautiful post Doris, sums up how we all feel sometimes - love the colours :-)

Monday, May 15, 2006 11:16:00 PM

No comments: