Wednesday 24 May 2006

Letter Meme

Thanks to Cheryl who got it from Annie, I have accepted the challenge to be tagged for the letter meme.

I have to come up with ten facts about me/my life based on ten items beginning with the letter I have been given.

Cheryl has assigned me the letter T
  1. Tunnel - my kids and I try to hold our breath for as long as possible as we go through tunnels. Doesn't work on the Channel Tunnel or when I'm driving.

  2. Tea - I like mine decent strength Indian black tea with just a touch of semi-skimmed milk and no sugar.

  3. Todger - I have experienced a reasonable number in various shapes and sizes and can categorically state it is not the size but what a man does that matters. Bigger todgers match bigger egos and a tendency to lay back and think they are God's gift. Zzzzzz.

  4. Thoughts - Sometimes I have too many.

  5. Tumour - I have a tumour on the back of my neck that is called a lipoma. A lipoma is a benign tumour of the fat cells.

  6. Tickle - I can't bear being tickled but I don't mind gently tickling others.

  7. Tease - I am a tease. I can be a tease. I like to tease. But only gently and only with a twinkle in my eye.

  8. Tummy-button - Up until I was a young adult I had a sticky-out tummy button. With the confidence I have now I could have had a lot of fun with it instead of feeling self-conscious.

  9. Tipple - My favourites include a juicy red wine; a straight single malt whiskey; Baileys on ice; and Mackesons Stout.

  10. Travel - My parents moved house at least every two years when I was a kid. I hated the palaver every time but I always looked forward to the potential for a new start and that maybe things might be better this time. Surprisingly, I still love travelling because the good part of that legacy has survived as I relish the new and different experiences that happen through travel.

Would you like to play? If you would, say so in the comments and I'll tag you by emailing you a letter. And I'll list you here so we can come have a nose :-)


Original Comments:

Cheryl said...
Very illuminating list :-)
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:42:00 PM
doris said...
Now I keep thinking of more items!
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:47:00 PM
266k said...
Hi Doris.. lovely place you have here.

And I agree with Cheryl, a most illuminating list.

I've got a lot of catching up to do.
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 6:33:00 PM
Annie said...
I have a lipoma too, in my calf. I also had fibroids, and it makes me wonder whether some people are more prone to tumours in general. The brain one wouldn't be worrying anybody if my optic nerves weren't swollen.
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:48:00 PM
ella m. said...
Have you tried the white tea that's been popping up everywhere lately? I'm curious but reluctant to give up my beloved spiced chai (low fat milk and a bit of honey, a hold over from my singing days) for an unknown quantity.


Though I love the idea of this meme,I'm refraining from participating as there isn't a letter that wouldn't produce some depressing results in my case.
Thursday, May 25, 2006 2:44:00 PM
Curly K said...
Love the list Doris, go on tag me; I'll try anything once, I will :-)
Thursday, May 25, 2006 4:47:00 PM
doris said...
266k Aww thanks for visiting :-)

Annie Anything with the brain sounds scary but hopefully yours stays under control. I've had my lipoma for over 11 years now and only this week got a name for it. It bothers me a fraction now whereas it didn't before.

Ella M White tea? Sounds lke a product rather than tea with a dash of milk. I've no idea.... any web links?

Curly K You should have your letter by now and I look forward to reading the results.
Thursday, May 25, 2006 6:56:00 PM
Britmum said...
You are so funny Doris. I nearly gagged on my tea when I read Todger. LOL
Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:38:00 PM
Le laquet said...
Tunnels were always so much fun as kids but I swear my dad used to slow the car down as we exited to keep us quiet a little longer.
Todger *sniggers* just love the word!
And belly buttons, how do they make innies and outies? Is it the way they tie the knot?
I'll have a tag please Bob!
Saturday, May 27, 2006 5:42:00 AM
Anonymous said...
did your tummy button change from out to in? how?!

curious "innie" charlie (who doesn't have a blog and hence posts anonymously but is nice really)
Saturday, May 27, 2006 11:08:00 AM
doris said...
To anonymous Charlie!

I suppose the real answer was my late growth and so I suppose it was the natural growth of my body that my tummy button went from being an outy to and inny. It came out again during my preganancies though and went back in afterwards!

Thanks Britmum and Le laquet for bravely acknowleding my Todger comments! LOL
Sunday, May 28, 2006 8:05:00 AM
MattyD said...
Hey Big D!

Long time no visit! I did laugh quite heartily at your todger comment...although being male that was kinda inevitable!

Good to see you're still alive :) If you're still playing this rather amusing game, I'd be happy to take a letter off your hands!
Tuesday, May 30, 2006 7:02:00 AM
Reia said...
oh wow doris... it's been a loooong time! finally had a longer time-off to actually visit! count me in! i just loooove it!
Saturday, June 03, 2006 3:46:00 AM

No comments: