Monday 15 May 2006

Email shocker

I use Eudora and have a vast number of folders and filters set up. I am unable to deal with all emails as soon as they arrive and so I leave the email folder open in my "tray" so I know I have email in that folder to reply to. Each time I use my email all these open folders wink at me like sorry sentinals reminding me what I haven't done and of all the work I have to do. (Can I admit that some of these folders have lain open for months? Longer even.)

Just now I have replied to a few emails and rightly closed those folders. Then I did something quite startling. I just started closing the other email folders. Without even looking inside them. It felt like taking piles of unsorted boxes of papers and throwing them in the dump. Brushing the dust off my hands and walking away.

Wahey! I'm free. I'm going to re-boot, have a cuppa and get on with some more work.


It's a great day today :-)




Original Comments:

Cheryl said...

Whooo-Hoo!

Naughty girl - LOL! Congratulations.

:-)

Monday, May 15, 2006 4:11:00 PM

doris said...

Yes, I do feel quite naughty! ;-)

Monday, May 15, 2006 4:28:00 PM

Stegbeetle said...

Freed from the shackles of (possibly) unread e-mails!
You rebel, you!

Monday, May 15, 2006 8:25:00 PM

Curly K said...

Jesus, that's truly inspiring - I'd love to do that with my work email, my desk at work, my bedroom, in fact every area in my life which is cluttered (probably only leaves the downstairs loo in my house free from threat :-)!)

Monday, May 15, 2006 11:18:00 PM

Joe said...

Yup...what liberation :-)

Guess what I did?

I went through over 1500 emails in my inbox and filed/deleted them a couple of weeks ago. It took...forever. But it's done.

Eudora hey? I used to use Pegasus which I miss, now that everything in the world seems to demand Outlook.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 12:00:00 AM

Britmum said...

Yours so funny.... thats what I like about you the most and your lovliness.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 12:39:00 AM

jane said...

How funny cuz i could just visualize you cleaning out those email boxes. I'm glad you're FREE!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 1:37:00 AM

Karen said...

It makes you feel good doesn't it - we like the reckless Doris :-)

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 1:09:00 PM

Ally said...

Good for you! My attitude to paper filing is similar - if you leave it in your in-tray for long enough it ceases to be relevant and I can throw it away :).

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 6:42:00 PM

Milt Bogs said...

I think I've got the filters set up wrong. The spam gets through and the genuine emails all get junked.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 1:06:00 PM

Carol said...

Wow. I'm impressed. I'm far too anal to do something so reckless

Thursday, May 18, 2006 2:07:00 PM

Annie said...

What do you reckon to BB7? I think Imogen comes across quite well. Good that they've put Pete in, but I hope they don't use his Tourette's for entertainment. Some of them I could hardly bear to watch, but I suppose they'll all settle down after a while.

Thursday, May 18, 2006 11:18:00 PM

Neutron said...

...so that's why you never replied!!

;-)

Thursday, May 18, 2006 11:22:00 PM

No comments: