Wednesday 22 June 2005

Our Petunias


I love the word/name Petunia and loved the Petunia stories as a kid. I'm developing my green fingers and this year went crazy with planting petunia seedlings in our brick trough in the front. They are so happy looking and make me smile :-)


Original Comments:

Milt Bogs said...
Thanks for the comment Doris. They're a bit thin on the ground at the moment, unlike your petunias.
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 10:50:00 PM
MrsDoF said...
Very Pretty!
Reminds me of all the little pots that came home from school for many a Mother's Day gift.
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 11:30:00 PM
doris said...
Aww Milt, I shall have to see if I can don my superwoman costume and high-tail over to you too and flood your comments.... but you know, it's quality not quantity so maybe I should spare you!

MrsDof - I don't know where my kids where... I never got such treats but sounds very nice. All those proudly decorated pots... reminds me of a scene from Desperate Housewives where the mum finally receives a pot to be proud of and then finds out the kids have only nicked it from the neighbour's patio and still had the price tag underneath!
Thursday, June 23, 2005 12:16:00 AM
Michele said...
My gradmother had a friend named Petunia, for many years I thought the flower was named after her. Each year I buy a flat of white petunia (my entire garden is white) and think of her as I plant them.

Yes, I too like them very much. Lovely picture!
Thursday, June 23, 2005 12:27:00 AM
jane said...
my, what beautiful petunias you have. I sometimes call cheeta petunia :)
i like the word too.
Thursday, June 23, 2005 3:40:00 AM
doris said...
Michele - it's great to spread the joy and I bet youhave a smile on your face too rembering your grandmother and her firend.... :-) A white garden sounds lovely. I'm too early into learning about gardening to become quite so artistic. It's enough at the moment that the plants and flowers live! :-)

Jane, LOL. A pot bellied pig called Cheetah is sometimes called Petunia?! Sounds like fun in the jungle over your way!
Thursday, June 23, 2005 11:51:00 AM
anniebee said...
I like petunias too. The always remind me of the Larkin Twins in The Darling Buds Of May (by H E Bates), who were called Zinnia & Petunia. Have a good weekend!
Friday, June 24, 2005 9:33:00 PM
doris said...
Of course - I had forgotten about them! :-) And have a great weekend too !
Friday, June 24, 2005 10:10:00 PM

No comments: