Friday 21 April 2006

Saturday's the day

Thank you to everyone for your fascinating contributions and comments on my previous post "Baptism at Easter". I'm afraid I am too distracted to respond with any depth or intelligence as I am thinking about tomorrow and preparing all sorts of family history documents to take with me to give to my cousin. She leaves the country on Sunday and I shan't see her until either she comes again in a matter of years or I have saved the dosh to get us all to Australia.

It will be emotional saying goodbye so it will have to be an Au revoir.


Original Comments:

Cheryl said...

Ooooooooo!

Good luck tomorrow - what a bittersweet day you have ahead.

Huge hugs and support

xxxx

Friday, April 21, 2006 11:59:00 PM

Stegbeetle said...

Indeed, hugs and support. Thinking of you, Doris.

Saturday, April 22, 2006 10:14:00 AM

Ally said...

Good luck and a big *hug* ...

Saturday, April 22, 2006 11:04:00 AM

Joe said...

Good luck tomorrow hon.

I'm sure you'll see her again Doris. (I know it doesn't make it less tearful etc but I have found that the net has made an immense difference in keeping up with friends/relatives etc who live in Aus/NZ, so I hope you can)

Enormous hugs x

Saturday, April 22, 2006 2:45:00 PM

Le laquet said...

Thinking of you all today!

Saturday, April 22, 2006 4:37:00 PM

Britmum said...

Lots of hugs to you Doris xoxo

Saturday, April 22, 2006 7:41:00 PM

Exquisite Chick said...

Saying goodbye is always the hardest part. Hope it goes/went well. Here's another hug coming your way!

Saturday, April 22, 2006 9:06:00 PM

Gerald Ford said...

Indeed, best of luck, Doris. :D

Sunday, April 23, 2006 2:14:00 AM

Badaunt said...

I hate saying goodbye, too. Unfortunately it happens a lot here. People don't stay forever.

Like Joe says, though, email has made things quite a bit easier. It doesn't replace the real thing, but still, you're in touch in a way that didn't used to be possible.

Sunday, April 23, 2006 1:13:00 PM

Pookie65 said...

Just read your post regarding the baptism and it really made me stop and think about the significance of it. Once again you offered up something to stimulate my worn out brain :-)

Enjoy the time with your friend, sweetie.

Hugs!

Sunday, April 23, 2006 2:26:00 PM

doris said...

Thank you so much - everyone. So lovely. I will write a follow-up post :-)

Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:12:00 PM

No comments: