Sunday 19 January 2014

Off days

We all have off days. Some to more of an extent than others. I have had the jolly fun of being off from the eve of my birthday then ok again then off again during my birthday and so forth for the days since. My shoulder is causing me pain on and off which I know is bound to be demoralising. I just feel crud and miserable but I am good at putting on a happy face when I have to. Reminds me of the small box of photos that happened to be to hand and came out on my birthday and was examined by young family members. I am pleased they were interested enough in some of these old pictures, and laughed loudly at some of the pictures of themselves when they were much younger, or at younger parents with big fluffy hair. My niece noted some pictures of me as a very young child, "you always look happy Auntie". And so I did. I've always known to put on a happy face. And sometimes I am happy. I gotta finish on an upbeat thought!

4 comments:

rashbre said...

Hoping things are cheering up for you. I sometimes listen to morose bedsit music when I'm down, which can have a suitably uplifting effect.

Hmm. That could be a blogpost at some stage...

Jo said...

You do always look happy. Or almost always ;-) Except when you're in your cave. Like you said, share with some of that happy face thing my dear?

Doris said...

LOL Rashbre, that made me chuckle trying to think of a morose bedsit music playlist. Thank you!

Thank you Jo - nice to see you visiting me :-)

Jay said...

I'm the same, Doris. I smile - at least at strangers and the camera - no matter how crap I am feeling. Sometimes I wonder why!

OH and I do moan and groan to each other at home though. I mean, you have to let off steam somewhere, don't you?

And it's interesting that you talk about old photos. I've just scanned every single page of my parents' old photo albums from before I was born until the early sixties. It has been fascinating seeing those old pictures of young parents and us siblings as children!