Saturday 1 April 2006

Mitre-ly fab

Just another one of those days when one does a bit of this and a bit of that. This afternoon I finally put up the border tiles in our kitchen. They are this shape but in a terracotta orange to match the reds and oranges of the multi-coloured tiles. I had hesitated to do them as they required a mitred edge on two corners and I feared not getting it right. Especially when I have a job lot of tiles at a bargain price but with just two extra tiles to allow for breakages. Which meant not much room for error.

With family descending upon us from Monday I just had to get on and to my delight I've pulled it off. I've yet to grout it all but the mitres look amazing. Professional even. It is surprising what we can do when we put our minds to it.



Original Comments:

Cheryl said...

:-)
Good for you!

Saturday, April 01, 2006 10:16:00 PM

Astryngia said...

Comes as no surprise - you have a real talent for this DIY lark. :-) Have a wonderful week with wonderful visitors. I hope they all behave!! ;-)

Saturday, April 01, 2006 11:07:00 PM

Britmum said...

Wow!! You are my hero Doris. I could never do it. I am afraid I am too much of a girl, plus Scrag End thinks he is all that when it comes to DIY so I let him do it. LOL. If you ever need a holiday in Phoenix? (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) I have some tiling that needs doing in the kitchen.

Take care

Catherine

Sunday, April 02, 2006 1:25:00 AM

Le laquet said...

Well done! Mind you it's the grouting I hate most!

Sunday, April 02, 2006 6:59:00 AM

No comments: