Wednesday 13 July 2005

Did I just say that?

My teeth so need sorting that I have finally booked an appointment with a new private dentist. I have to pay so I might as well pay the bit extra and go somewhere with: nice surroundings; decor and not just clinical white; an uncluttered waiting room; soothing music; and wonderful staff with sensitivity antennas for us dental phobics. My appointment is tomorrow so they just phoned as a courtesy call to check I was still OK to come. To which I confirmed and then ended the call with "I'm looking forward to it". My daughter is lounged on the chaise longue near me with laptop on her knee, and even she turned around aghast as I was too. I sat looking at the phone and said to it, "I can't believe I just said that".

Original Comments:

The Complimenting Commenter said...

It's better to get it done. Good job on being so brave. I hope that things go smooth and easily. Cool post.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 6:49:00 PM

Minerva said...

I am SO with you on that one. I HATE dentists and I really need to go too...

Minerva

*smiling with lips closed*

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 7:15:00 PM

Ghone said...

I have one phobia in life.
And that is going to the dentist.
I would rather use the larger of my two pairs of pliers and get busy myself.
If you ever want to see grown men cry like babies hang around outside a dentist surgery.
I dive for the remote if a denist comes on the TV. And if its the drill - blaarg - I'm starting to feel queasy just thinking about it.

Time for cool beer to take the image away...

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 10:07:00 PM

guest said...

This may sound weird, but there are two places I feel the most relaxed: One is while I’m getting a haircut and the other is while I’m at the dentist. I usually fall asleep every time so they have become accustomed to keeping my mouth open with a jaw separating devise because of my snoozing habit. I hope it goes well for you.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 10:26:00 PM

MrsDoF said...

The dentist is so much better than the pain that comes when I don't go for check-ups.
My mom had full dentures at age 32, and dad before that, maybe age 27.
The dentist is your friend, and you Should be glad you have one trained and ready.
I'll cross my fingers that you have a fine experience.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 11:15:00 PM

arrazello said...

You won't regret it. Interested to see how much difference you find between the NHS and private. was quite a revelation for me ;)

Thursday, July 14, 2005 1:12:00 PM

doris said...

So I did the dentist and I'll blog about it later. Very interesting!!!! Must do some work just now :-)

Thursday, July 14, 2005 4:40:00 PM

Blueyes said...

I actually prefer to go to a dentist than a regular doctor only because I've been to dentist more often I think. I've been going to see them since I was real little.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 4:49:00 PM

Badaunt said...

I had started to get over my dentist phobia when I had to have a wisdom tooth removed.

The phobia subsequently returned in FULL FORCE. The next time I have ANYTHING done, I want a full anaesthetic.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 5:30:00 AM

No comments: