Thursday 15 December 2005

Fantasies and 10 things

Hmmm. First Mad Baggage tags me with The Spreading Infection? and then A Host of Spirits tags me with Wishes and Fantasies. I'm not up to fully completing either and so will do a diet version!

The Spreading Infection?: Ten things you didn't know about me, except that I wear my heart on my sleeve in an anonymous way and I'm not sure that I have anything interestingly new. But.... one thing about me, I have always wondered what it is that Meatloaf "won't do for love" with all sorts of dirrrty stuff crossing my mind. Ever in the need for enlightenment I just did a websearch and came across this page in which the following conversation ensues:

Gentreau (Dec 15, 2003, 07:16)
Girl : Will you raise me up? Will you help me down? Will you get me right out of this Godforsaken town? Will you make it all a little less cold?

Boy : I can do that! I can do that!

Girl : Will you hold me sacred? Will you hold me tight? Can you colourise my life, I'm so sick of black & white? Can you make it all a little less old?

Boy : I can do that! I can do that!

Girl : Will you make me some magic, with your own two hands? Can you build an Emerald city with these grains of sand? Can you give me something I can take home?

Boy : I can do that! I can do that!

Girl : Will you cater to every fantasy I got? Will you hose me down with Holy water - if I get too hot? Will you take me places I've never known?

Boy : I can do that! I can do that!

Girl : After a while you'll forget everything. It was a brief interlude a midsummer nights fling. And you'll see that it's time to move on.

Boy : I won't do that! No I won't do that!

Girl : I know the territory - I've been around. It'll all turn to dust and we'll all fall down. And sooner or later you'll be screwing around.

Boy : I won't do that! No I won't do that!

Oh I would do anything for love, but I won't do THAT.
And then the next message summarises nicely for me:
UnoChild (Dec 15, 2003, 08:49)
So really, the "I wont do that..." is unrelated to the "i would do anything for love".

Basically, I'll do anything for love, but i won't be a shit and leave you.

Furthermore, being a shit and leaving is nothing to do with doing anything for love.

I think.....
The discourse continues on and is quite funny. So there is something you have travelled with me on my path to enlightenment and no longer is something I wonder about.

Wishes and Fantasies: Things I would love to do just for me and things I would love to do for the world. I'm out of wishes for myself as I feel I am already living the dream. I certainly need new dreams as I feel like I am in a wonderful harbour, doing good stuff but just going round and round. At some point I need to get the whole dreams and fantasy bank operational again in order to move forward and explore other places. As for the world, well, I wish for the world what I have wished and found for myself: for each and everyone to love and be loved. With the power of love behind us we will not need to fight stupid battles, there will be more hapiness and harmony and intelligence as we are not having to struggle unsupported and can work on better things than just surviving.

Over to you - if you feel inspired then share your "Wishes and Fantasies" or "10 Things We Didn't Know About You". Let me know and I'd be pleased to give you the 10th degree about them! :-)


Original Comments:

Orikinla Osinachi. said...

1. I have no life of my own.
2. My parents are dead.
3. I have never fallen in love.
4. I cannot count the corpses I have seen so far.
5. I was a refugee child.
7. I exhibited my manhood to raise money to pay my youngest brother's school fees for college.
8. I break down and fall ill whenever I see others suffering.
9. I have not had sex since January 1st, 1999.
10. My earnings go to charities.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 3:29:00 PM

doris said...

Orikinla Osinachi Hello and thank you for sharing those ten things. I have seen your blog around on the BE and your messages on other posts and have gathered little snippets about you such as you were a refugess and have indeed seen some terrors in your life. It puts many things into perspective and I thank you for sharing.

My wish for you is that you may fall in love. With the most perfect person in the world who is perfect for you. May it be a love that is the wind beneath your wings and lifts you high and above all the terrors you have known. You are deeply religious and I hope your faith helps you - but there is nothing like the love and companionship of another.

It is sad that you have listed #1. Surely it is your duty, having survived all that you have, that you claim your own life and live it to the full?

It was a brave thing that you did to do #7 in order to help another. It is sad that you end up in that situation and I hope that there are many things that are now behind you.

(((Peace)))

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 4:41:00 PM

Cheryl said...

Hmm
Meatloaf - depends whether he uses 'love' as a verb or a noun?

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 5:43:00 PM

Rain said...

I've got to think about my 10 list. After read orikinla orinachi's mine seen less interesting.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 12:06:00 AM

J's Girlfriend said...

That's funny; I always used to wonder about the same thing. When that song came out I was a bit past the stage where I knew English lyrics phonetically, but my understanding of linguistic subtelties probably left something to be desired. Good to have that cleared up then. I can sleep at night again, finally ;o)

Thursday, December 15, 2005 5:15:00 AM

ella m. said...

That meatloaf song has always driven me utterly batshit for the same reason. I'd long since given up trying to figure it out.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 3:53:00 PM

Plumkrazzee said...

LOVE MEATLOAF. Here from micheles.

Friday, December 16, 2005 2:24:00 PM

No comments: