Tuesday 3 October 2006

Crap stereo

Oh the irony of it all. Some time during the night, probably after the local police stuck a booklet on our windscreen about car security, our car was broken into and the stereo and CD changer taken.

Having forced the lock, completely breaking it and damaging the door skin, they then smashed the glass on the passenger side. The only reason the stereo was in the car was because it was a crap model and the buttons had broken and we couldn't remove it nor even open the flap to change the CD. It was a crap stereo.

The car was parked within yards of the security camera. We park under the lime trees of the park and put up with the sticky drippings because of the security camera. We used to park round the corner but similar happened just before Easter of this year so we didn't park there anymore.

Ths time we had the police crime detection people out. A young scrap of a lass who looked younger than my daughter! She did a good job, though the stickiness of the lime trees meant no finger prints were forthcoming, there was a tool imprint she took with a rubber substance.

We will not be getting a replacement stereo. I like to have music and news when I'm driving so we will find a different way for that. This is all such crap. Crap. Crap. Crap.


Original Comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh Bollocks.

Poor you.... I don't know what else to say.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 2:31:00 PM


Ally said...

Oh dear, I am so sorry. The same happened to me years ago and I drove around with the windows open singing madly to keep myself awake on long journeys for about six months. It was a very long winter.

Stupid bollocksy thiefs. May their crowbars slip and permanently damage them.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 12:20:00 AM

Britmum said...

Oh Doris I am sorry for all the crapiness. We had that a few times when we were residing in the U.K. Trouble is the old houses don't have garages and you have no choice but to park in the street. Bloody gits that think its ok to steal and damage peoples property.

Thinking of you.

Take care xx

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 7:13:00 AM


ella m. said...

My sympathies, having something stolen from you in that fashion is one of the most unpleasant things that can happen to a person.


As far as alternatives, how about the subscription service sattelite radio (XM or Sirius)? As I recall most of their recievers are portable and could be taken back into the house with you at night.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 1:46:00 PM

Mike said...

Very sad that things like this happen. Trouble is it's almost accepted in many places as being the norm.

A big bar of chocolate sometimes helps! Mike.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 8:41:00 PM


Milt Bogs said...

I assume that the security camera wasn't working or that the boggers were 'hoodied up'. The police always get excellent results from security tapes - but unfortunately that's only on The Bill.
I left a car unlocked once and the prats still smashed the window.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 9:46:00 AM

Neutron said...

Arghhh...I have experienced this twice...the one occasion in Italy where - amongst other things - our passports and ferry tickets for Greece were stolen and the other in Germany - yes, Germany - where my guitar and all my equipment was nicked. You really don't realise what it's like until it happens.
SYMPATHY!!

Friday, October 06, 2006 10:24:00 PM


Anji said...

I'd love to have seen their faces when they realised it wasn't up to much; Think Karma, perhaps when they're old and deaf someone will steal their hearing aids!

We had a neighbour who used to leave her car unlocked so they wouldn't do any damage when they 'broke in'

Saturday, October 07, 2006 4:11:00 PM

Kurt Reply said...

Hello, Doris,
Sorry to hear of your car stereo theft. It's always a violation isn't it...I had someone enter my unlocked car years ago to swipe some coins and rifle through the glove compartment. I felt violated.
Doris, on another topic: I spend much time listening to radio while I work, and whereas you also expressed an interest in radio I thought you might enjoy this humorous weekly show. National Public Radio in the US has the best programming and this show, "What d'Ya Know," is funny and entertaining. I write this to you as I listen to its Oct.7 broadcast from Duluth, Minnesota. The humour is local yet still understood by generally everyone. It's the highlight of my week, and after you listen to a couple of episodes using this archive, you may be hooked as well. I hope you enjoy it.
Best wishes,
Kurt
http://www.notmuch.com/Show/index.pl#archives

Saturday, October 07, 2006 5:07:00 PM


Astryngia said...

Difficult to think of anything adequate to say! How tiringly tiresome. B****y 'beep' B******s

Saturday, October 07, 2006 11:27:00 PM


Le laquet said...

Makes me want to slap them!!

Sunday, October 08, 2006 7:31:00 AM

Atyllah said...

Oh horrors. The sad thing is down in this neck of the woods that sort of thing is considered completely normal. In fact, we consider ourselves lucky if it's just the stereo that gets nicked and we get away with our lives in tact.

Monday, October 09, 2006 5:48:00 PM

No comments: