Tuesday 12 September 2006

I don't care!

It could be the two generous glasses of red wine that are doing that. Though I'd rather think it was the most fantastic braised beef dish that I have made. Skirt of beef browned off first, with onion, garlic, celery, carrot, potato, pearl barley, bay leaves, sage, stock and red wine. Utterly fabulous and succulent and satisfying.

Dinner was late so I didn't make everyone sit down for dinner so Mr Doris sat as his desk to eat and I on the chaise longue. Son decided he didn't like the dinner and refused it and daughter is a born again "for the umpteenth time" vegetarian. I don't think Mr Doris realised he hasn't been his usual attentive self and didn't acknowledge the lovely food. Me? I'm just in heaven with this gorgeous and sumptuous meal. I have no cares it has not been acknowledged, nor eaten by the kids. Tough. Their loss.

Another busy day. Loads of work, helped a local kid with his grammar which re-instated my confidence as a good educator, and possibly agreed to send son back into a full time school environment at his own request.

But the best bit of today was dinner :-)


Original Comments:

Stegbeetle said...
*stomach rumbles*

Sounds good to me. Would it travel well in the post, do you think?
Wednesday, September 13, 2006 12:02:00 AM
Atyllah said...
Food sounds delicious - think you should post the recipe!
Wednesday, September 13, 2006 7:44:00 AM
jane said...
Oh Doris, that sounds absolutely delicious. You made my mouth water. Hey, what the kids don't want is more leftovers for you & hubby. ;)
Thursday, September 14, 2006 2:16:00 PM
Luke Riemenschneider said...
Like the sound of that briased beef doris! Just like my Patsy makes!
Monday, September 25, 2006 2:37:00 PM

No comments: