Thursday 9 February 2006

Men. Again!

Do I walk around life with my eyes closed? Today I saw two separate incidents about 20 miles and 7 hours apart. Each took place by the boot of a parked car in a retail centre car park in full view of everyone. A man changing clothes and getting bare down to his waist. The first time it was a young lad who I thought was quite plucky for his age and he ended up in white shirt and black suit. Looked cool. The second time was an older bloke. I didn't see what he ended up wearing as I wasn't too enthused to stand and watch his hairy body. I know it is not that cold but I don't think it is much fun getting down to bare skin in about 4C or 39F. And in a public car park? I've never seen this before, very strange.

Original Comments:

Curly K said...

I'd have stayed to watch both but then when you're a barren spinster you take it when you get it!!!!!

I wish more carparks were like that, I'd probably spend an inordinate amount of time in them if they were!

Friday, February 10, 2006 12:07:00 PM

Cheryl said...

Do you suppose its something to do with public toilets being made smaller and smaller, or just with the way the gents always smells? At least if we girls need to change 'on the hop' we can do it in the ladies, but those doors and walls are inching in, so these days, only just.

Friday, February 10, 2006 1:01:00 PM

Dr.John said...

Well I was going to visit England but if this is what goes on in your parking lots I think I'll stay home. In our parking lots you just get to see people stealing radios out of other people's cars.

Friday, February 10, 2006 1:34:00 PM

rashbre said...

i must admit I've also done this. Last time was Heathrow Exec Park for T1 on the way back from Germany. It was quite cold too.

rashbre

Friday, February 10, 2006 9:43:00 PM

doris said...

Rashbre You do it too? In public..... in the cold.... I'm not against nudism, nor against convenience. It is just so strange. I clearly need to think about this some more until I find a peace with it!

Dr.John Er.... choice of crime or nudity. Hmmm. Hard call!! LOL

Cheryl Maybe you have a point. Women's toilets usually have a shelf or something. Though last time Mr Doris and I went to a wedding, last year, the only convenient place we could find to change were the disabled toilets in the mens. I'm practical and didn't mind sharing with Mr Doris in the mens. It wasn't so bad but probably raised a few eyebrows as I came out looking all elegant.

Curly K LOL Have you checked out the dogging car parks..... you can see a whole lot more in them! ;-)

Saturday, February 11, 2006 12:35:00 AM

MrsDoF said...

And you don't have a video!?!
Well, okay, you have given us a little bitty photo as a substitute.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 12:48:00 AM

Britmum said...

Very interesting indeed. Haven't seen much of that here yet!!!

Saturday, February 11, 2006 5:24:00 AM

jane said...

Well, aren't you the lucky one? Were there horns honking at them? I know here there surely would've been, regardless of their age.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 6:00:00 AM

Ghone said...

Must be a guy thing - I've done it also a few times.
Usually after getting approval from Mrs Pig that I have purchase the correct shirt!

Saturday, February 11, 2006 9:38:00 AM

Pearl said...

Yes, I've seen shirts changed in parking lots too. I've noticed men in Canadian department stores doing this, pulling off their shirts, undoing their pants to try on a sweater, or wandering around rack to rack, not being bothered to put it back on between changes. Caused me a double take.

My guess is that women showing their body is sexual or taboo but men are allowed to walk around in just shorts in hot weather and be neutral and less naked.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 10:12:00 PM

Ally said...

I've gotten changed in car-parks. And a couple of times behind a set in a conference. The guys just look the other way. I hope, anyway!

Re ladies toilets - along with my campaign against the high price of motorway tea, I am also thinking of starting a 'size of toilets' petition. You can tell that they're all designed by skinny men by the fact that the sanitary bin is so uncomfortably close to the loo ...

Sunday, February 12, 2006 4:18:00 PM

Writer Mom said...

I've got to get out more.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 7:09:00 PM

Curly K said...

Doris,
Haven't checked them out although I've heard what goes on! Not my scene, I'd prefer just to watch naked men and leave the rest to my understimulated, overactive imagination!!!!

Monday, February 13, 2006 11:41:00 AM

Dr.John said...

Hey be nice. A man has to do what a man has to so. Speaking of nice thank you for being so nice and leaving a comment on my blog. I loke your template.

Monday, February 13, 2006 12:43:00 PM

hellonheels said...

I need to hang out in parking lots more often! I miss all the fun stuff

Monday, February 13, 2006 5:18:00 PM

Annie said...

I have to admit that I find Jamie Oliver quite cute, but I'm not sure whether it's a case of 'phwoar' or just wanting to mother him!

Monday, February 13, 2006 10:16:00 PM

Minerva said...

Look, Doris, I know I am not desperate or anything (guffaws from the back..) but could you just let me know which car parks these were? *grin*

Minerva

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 12:01:00 AM

Milt Bogs said...

That guy looks like Blair to me. Some people will do anything to get votes.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 2:28:00 PM

ella m. said...

Though you'd get hypthermia if you tried that here in the winter, random male strip shows of this sort are rather common in the summers. Unfortunatley it is very rarely the good looking who indulge, but rather the eyesores whom make you want to gouge your eyes out with a spoon to get the visual out of your head.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 5:24:00 PM

Carol said...

I would've stayed to watch, and grabbed my camera phone for a few pics:-)

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:09:00 PM

No comments: