Tuesday 18 October 2005

Three Things

I've been tagged by Cheryl!

Three names I go by:
1. Doris
2. Granny
3. Outside of blogging my name has never been shortened. Used wrongly maybe, but I've never had a cute shortened version, or a nickname, affectionately given to me. I feel deprived!

Three screen names I have had:
1. I'm not getting off to a good start here....
2. ... do you know that some people do web searches....
3. ... on screen names and come up with some interesting stuff!

Three physical things I like about myself:
1. my 2 caesarian scars as they are neat and tiny but say so much
2. the scar on my foot (another talking point and the story always makes people whince in a very satisfying way for me!)
3. left ventricle valve

Three physical things I don't like about myself:
1. Not tall enough
2. tummy - might be small but I've always had a tum
3. Slight double chin but son calls it puppy fat LOL

Three parts of my heritage:
1. English
2. Scottish
3. English

Three things that scare me:
1. shouting
2. spiders - but I cope
3. dogs - but I cope

Three of my everyday essentials:
1. Mr Doris
2. toothbrush
3. love

Three of my favorite musical artists:
1. The Seekers
2. Blondie
3. Queen

Three of my favorite songs:
1. Georgy Girl - The Seekers
2. Sunday Girl - Blondie
3. Don't stop me now - Queen

Three things I want in a relationship:
1. Love
2. Honesty
3. Enthusiasm

Three LIES:
1. I am a highly respected intellectual with answers to the world's problems
2. I am a sex kitten who wears only pearls
3. I am a liar

Three TRUTHS:
1. I try
2. I procrastinate
3. Sometimes I do well

Three physical things about the opposite sex that appeal to me:
1. upper arm (doesn't have to be muscley - it is just erogenous!)
2. cheeks
3. bottom

Three of my favorite hobbies:
1. blogging
2. cooking (yeah - it's a hobby and not a chore!)
3. driving a car

Three things I want to do really badly now:
1. read my bank statements that have lots of zeros in my favour
2. have a cup of tea
3. see how else I can squander my three wishes

Three careers I've considered:
1. Nursery Nurse (done it)
2. Educational Psychologist (started higher education for it)
3. Cook on a building site (done it)

Three places I want to go on vacation:
1. Japan
2. Australia
3. Siberia

Three kid's names I like:
1. Zoe (with an umlaut)
2. Samuel
3. Beatrice

Three things I want to do before I die:
1. Why limit myself to three...
2. ... three more things...
3. ... or three new things? Drats, I've squandered another three things!

Three ways that I am stereotypically a boy:
1. impassive and unemotional
2. lack of femininity
3. facial hair ... OK, maybe not... I have one chin hair

Three ways that I am stereotypically a girl:
1. caring and very emotional
2. boobs
3. hips

Three celebrity crushes:
1. Karl Malden (I jest ye not!)
2. Marily Monroe
3. Mae West

Three people that I would like to see post this meme:
1. Jo
2. Hell on Heels
3. MattyD

And anyone else, I dub thee as chosen :-)


Original Comments:

Cheryl said...
Love it.
Love your songs, too.
Sorry I cheated and put emotional qualities for men instead of physical ones, but my libido is in the deep freeze this week. In a straightjacket.

Nice answers Doris!
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 6:06:00 PM
Karen said...
Great answers - "I am a sex kitten who wears only pearls" - you put this in the lie section by mistake.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 6:53:00 PM
doris said...
Karen Ho-ho! Very funny :-)

Cheryl Have you tried Surf Tropical for your libido and then a light tumble dry?
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 7:31:00 PM
Pookie65 said...
Always leave your site with a smile :-) I love the comment from your son about puppy fat. Too cute!
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 1:34:00 AM
Sarah said...
Great answers! Don't Stop Me Now-what a tune, me and the girls have that on our home made getting ready to go out CD. "I'm having such a good time..." Gonna be singing that all day now lol!

Everyone says that the joy of driving will fade with time but I keep telling them for me it won't because I've always had this thing for driving so was glad to see driving a car as one of your favourite hobbies! It's one of mine too now I have passed :-)
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 9:39:00 AM
Orikinla Osinachi. said...
DD for Darling Doris or Dearest Doris should be a nice pet name for you.

Pass it on Mr. Doris.

My father called my mother "D" for Dearest.
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 6:44:00 PM
Reia said...
Doris! this brightened my day :-)
Thursday, October 20, 2005 7:01:00 AM
Jo said...
Thanks for tagging me sweetie..
Tried to come up with answers as good as yours, not sure I succeeded tho. Actually some of these questions are kinda hard for a guy who likes to think of himself as a girl...or maybe I'm a a girl locked inside a...or a soul drifting across genders like a little floaty cross gendery thing...er...
Friday, October 21, 2005 12:52:00 AM
craziequeen said...
Hi Doris, picked you up from Michele's place.

May I take Three Things to craziequeen's palace?

cq
Friday, October 21, 2005 5:11:00 PM
doris said...
Of course Craziequeen! I'm looking forward to coming to visit :-)
Friday, October 21, 2005 5:25:00 PM
craziequeen said...
open house at the palace, doncha know :-)

cq
Friday, October 21, 2005 5:32:00 PM

No comments: