Thursday 11 August 2005

Domestic Partnership

I've been tagged by Arc at Arc said what?

Domestic Partnership
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. If we are single or in a monogamous relationship?
2. How long we have been with our partner/significant other/boy/girlfriend?
3. How we met?
4. What we like to do together?
5. If we are single, what life with our ideal spouse/partner would look like?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. I'm in a monogamous relationship with my husband.

2. We have been married 6 years and married nearly a year to the day after we first found out about each other. We married again a couple of years ago, at the Excalibur in Las Vegas. Just because we could and because we could dress up. I quite fancied an Elvis Presley wedding but it cost extra for the hula girls as compared to paying for dressing up. Dressing up won. I keep looking at wedding dresses and would like to get married again just because it was so much fun. My son was 5 for the first wedding and he loved the partying and encourages me to do it again! The kids were important at both weddings.

3. He had an ad on a dating website which I answered. His words were compelling which I couldn't resist replying to, even though his picture was not my usual cup of tea. It started off innocently. He was funny and interesting and even before we met I began to fall in love with him. When we finally met it was like a magnetism. I needed to keep brushing shoulders with him so it was a good job we were in London's busy Covent Garden and had a good excuse to keep pressing my body next to his. After seven years the magnetism is still there. He still holds my hand. Anywhere. Anytime. Because he wants to.

4. Hold hands. Kiss. Share a bath. Smile. Laugh.


I would like to tag Cheryl - unless she has done this one before! Otherwise I still can't bring myself to tag! So help yourself :-)


Original Comments:

Arc said...

Now I understand why you liked my wedding story! :)

I suppose when one has a love like no other, they'll marry again a dozen times over anywhere any place!

Friday, August 12, 2005 3:19:00 AM

Hannah said...

That's so cute, even to an eternal cynic... :)

Friday, August 12, 2005 12:00:00 PM

Cheryl said...

Umm.
Done.
You'll be sorry!
MUAHAHAHA (<-- evil laugh)

Friday, August 12, 2005 1:03:00 PM

Pookie65 said...

Doris, that's such a romantic story. I hope that those reading who don't have someone in their life (yet) will realize that true romance and love is alive, well, and within their reach.

Friday, August 12, 2005 1:39:00 PM

No comments: