Monday 20 March 2006

English Spring 2006

W E L C O M E

May your cheerful blooms lift hearts and spirits
Your firm stems stand tall and sure
And hope blossom like never before
With seeds planted forever more.
Doris




Technically we know that daffodils have bulbs and not seeds but this is poetic license and I'm not talking specifically about daffs!

Original Comments:

doris said...
Spring has sprung and I have done something sensational. Before going to bed (in a moment) I have voluntarily swept and washed the kitchen floor. And when my work was done I left the mop and headed off feeling good but then I went back and gave the bathroom a quick wipe over too.

Will wonders ever cease!

And when I was mopping I was thinking of a Janet and John reading book from my childhood..... when they still had them illustrated with their 1950s frocks. In this particular story it was raining and instead of going out with their mother they stayed in and washed the kitchen floor instead. That always baffled me. How on earth can washing the floor EVER be a substitute for going out. I'm still perplexed and obviously still have a healthy attitude to housework ;-) (But bless dear Mr Doris for taking up my slack in this department. I love you so much for that but I will do more to help. xxx)
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 12:29:00 AM
Britmum said...
Doris

I love reading your posts. You rock!!

Love Catherine
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 1:16:00 AM
doris said...
Awww thanks Catherine!
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:56:00 AM
Cheryl said...
Floor mopping - daffodils.
Daffodils - floor mopping.

Nah I don't get it.
ROFL!

Actually I am dreading the first spring sunshine because I know it will cast light on a few horrors in this house........

Nice words!
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 1:37:00 PM
ChelseaFCChick said...
I haven't had a mad moment of voluntary housework, such as your moment of mopping, in a while. I'm usually a slightly obsessive neat freak (lol) and often this leads me to mad moments of getting things done late at night or first thing in the morning.

Suddenly, with all this talk of mopping, my kitchen floor looks filthy lol! Maybe its the pregnancy but I haven't got the energy to follow in your footsteps and get it done before bed this time:-)
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 7:51:00 PM
Joe said...
Doris you are becoming a domestic godess! You can come and mop my floor in your 50s frock anytime you like ;-) (Come to think of it, maybe I'd like to do that!)

Lovely poem hon :-)

Firm stems? LOL.

Joe x
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 11:05:00 PM
doris said...
Cheryl! I obviously have uncharted depths! :-)

Sarah So you're back! I hope you had a nice trip to the UK but I'll catch up on your blog. I'm definitely NOT a neat freak and refute any suggestions that I am! ;-)

Joe LOL we can fight over the dress and the pinny! It's the way you say "firm stems" that now makes it sound dodgy. Tch! Philistine! ;-)
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 1:06:00 AM
ella m. said...
I will have to have hope for a metaphorical spring blossom, as the thermometer is still at winter coat level. :)
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 3:49:00 PM
Badaunt said...
Cheryl: Daffodils + floor mopping = SPRING CLEANING!

You're not thinking sideways enough. :-)


(Lovely poem)
Thursday, March 23, 2006 4:52:00 PM
Le laquet said...
Ah yes the joys of spring ~ raining here!!! Mind you at least that'll mean I can wash ... Simon informs me that baths in Kent are about to be banned (I have no idea where he got that snippet from either!)
Friday, March 24, 2006 7:22:00 AM
MattyD said...
Spring is here?! I think it forgot Sussex :(
Friday, March 24, 2006 10:25:00 AM
Writer Mom said...
And Indiana, too!

(I swear I stopped in a few days back, but my comment must have gotten the axe by the computer nut kid. It was just me making fun of my lack of housekeeping.)

Bless you for being springy!
Friday, March 24, 2006 5:25:00 PM

No comments: